Okay, are you tired of winter yet? Are you ready for spring flowers, fresh air and everything clean and new? Well here are a few of our suggestions to help you tackle the prep work:
- Sweep up around the outside of the house, pick up all debris and branches
- Power wash the outdoor furniture, walkways and driveway light fixtures and windows
- Do an inventory of all the planters and pots that you already have stored away
- Wash out all planters and pots- start clean!
- I always buy a handful of new gardening gloves- the beginning of this project will wear the gloves out fast!
- You’ll want fresh gardening soil- it will have the nutrients added to the topsoil. DON’T forget the ULTRA BLOOM- a Gardner’s secret!
- Once the cleaning is done, envision how you want your yard to look and how you want it to function.
- Visit nurseries and patio furniture stores for the newest and latest trends
- Maybe some fresh pillows to brighten up space and wind chimes will always soothe you after a long day
- Think about lighting- will you have accent lighting, solar lighting- setting ambiance outside is just as important as inside the home
- Decide what type of garden you would like, what colors would you have in your garden and is there a theme to it? Maybe color will dictate, maybe elevation and environment will create a natural habitat-
Then off to the stores for a little spring retail therapy-
there is no better feeling than the fresh new start of the gardening season. Let us know how it goes- and what your first
outdoor event will be!